Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Niagara Parks Floral Clock

What is it?

The Floral Clock in Niagara Falls, ON

Who went?

My parents, my kids, my husband and me!

What time of year?

Summer

How much does it cost?

It's absolutely free!

How many stars?



The Floral Clock is on Niagara Parkway, just down from the Falls themselves. They are located near the Botanical Gardens and near the Butterfly Conservatory. The really great thing about the Floral Clock is that it's absolutely free, so you can visit during the year and take pictures at the clock for free. Last year, I believe that they attempted to charge parking, but this year that has been discontinued.



The interesting thing about the Floral Clock is that it is replanted twice a year in a different design, so it is never the same as times before. It uses up to 16,000 plants at a time to make the surface and can be quite bright at times. It's replanted every Spring and every Fall.

We like to try to take pictures at the Floral Clock every year to show the kids' growth, and it's a favourite peaceful place for the kids to watch the fish in the pond below swim around.



I've given this attraction a 3 star rating, but the truth is that I really like it. It's not going to take up a great portion of your day, but it's one of the few things that are still free in Niagara Falls, and is definitely worth seeing. So next time you find yourself in Niagara Falls, be sure to check out the Floral Clock! It's a great time!



**This post was not endorsed by Niagara Parks. All opinions in this blog belong to me, and are my own personal opinions, thoughts, and experiences. Thank you for reading.**

No comments:

Post a Comment